Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dear Church,

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

Welcome to the last month of the year! Phew! It has gone pretty quickly, isn’t it? I pray that all of us will take every opportunity that we have left to make the most out of it. Let’s finish this last lap strong and leave behind a spiritual legacy for our next generation.

Unknowingly, I have been writing Pastor Writes for the past 9 years now. Almost every week, I would share a thought with all of you. Of course there were times I couldn’t do it due to travel and all but whenever I could, I never missed the opportunity to share my heart with you. And very often I may sit there not knowing what to write yet God never fails to impress upon my heart something and inspires me to write something encouraging to you. I guess one of the most precious lessons that I have learnt here is to keep persevering! The Bible tells us that if we want to wait for the perfect weather before we sow, we will never do it. If we want to wait for the perfect timing to do something, we will never get a chance to do so. The best time to do anything is NOW. It does not mean we should be reckless but we ought to get going, keep moving. Procrastination is like sitting on a rocking chair. It gives us something to do but it never gets us anywhere. Friends, let’s seize our days together. Let’s encourage each other to remain strong in the LORD. Let’s take time to fellowship, hang-out and pray with one another.

In our modern society, one of the most common words that we will always hear is BUSY. I don’t deny the fact that some of us are truly busy. But what are we busy with? Sometimes people can just be busy for themselves. Let’s not do that or we may get tired of always looking at this person called I, ME and MYSELF.

City Harvest, it is time to THINK OTHERS.
Love you all heaps,

KEV

No comments: