Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hi Church,

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

How are you doing? I pray that this mail finds you blessed and well. As of this weekend, it will be the 4th weekend that I am not around. This is by far the longest that I have ever been away from our churc ever since we started 9 years ago.

Initially, I was not sure if I should be away for so long but due to the many changes to our new building and the need to re-plan and re-design our new worship facility, I decided to stay here a bit longer to think through things. I thought being away would help me think out-of-the-box and see things from a different perspective. And it has indeed helped me in that end. Being in New York and seeing a variety of structures, especially the ‘Rent’ style metal decking and fire escape stairs... I have quite a few new ideas for our church and of course, most importantly building it cheaper too. I will come back with lots of new ideas not just for our new building but also for our church as a whole. I believe it is going to be one very exciting season ahead of us. :)

Having said that, I want to thank you for your understanding in allowing me to be away for so long. I never had this opportunity to just be away and think through the works and the ministries of our church in the past. It has indeed refreshed me and helped me a lot. On top of that, I also have ample time to think through my Doctoral thesis, which will eventually help to implement a new integrated management system for our church.

I am very excited about the future. Next year, we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary. On top of that, we are going to embark on a lot of new life-changing and community-transforming ministries that we have never done before. As your pastor, I would like to ask you to pray with me and prepare ourselves for such great work ahead. I believe with all my heart, our work will leave behind a spiritual legacy for many generations to come!

Love you all heaps and miss you a lot too...

Your friend,

KEV

No comments: