Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hi Church,

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

First and foremost, I would like to warmly welcome Ps. Andrew Gray into our midst. He is the Senior Minister of Mount Annan CCC in Sydney, Australia. Over the years, Ps. Andrew and I have become great friends... and I am sure he is going to share a great Word with us this weekend. Hence, please make sure that you come to church prepared and ready to receive. I know the Word is going to transform your life.

At this point, let me just give you a little update about New York. Esther has been studying at NYU for about 2 weeks now. She has classes everyday and needs to attend plays in the evenings as well. I would join her at times. But not all the plays are like Phantom of the Opera. Some of them are really pretty challenging... if you get what I mean ;)

Apart from that, I spend my days praying, reading, and planning for the next phase of our church. We are entering a very crucial period in our church life where I have to make a lot of decisions regarding how to expand our ministry and increase the capacity that God has given to us as a church. Thus, I need this time away to pray and strategize. I will be away for quite a while (the longest I have ever been) this time round, hence I covet your prayers and your maturity in looking after the church. On top of that, I also trust that the leadership of our church which is spearheaded by Keith, David and the rest of the team will do a great job! After all, this church is built over the years through the love and sacrifice of a bunch of great people and not just one person... therefore, it shall continue that way!

In the meantime, continue to pray in order to build a strong inner-man. Nothing can help us build a closer relationship with God other than prayer, worship and His Word.

Love you guys and miss you heaps too,

KEV

No comments: