Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hi Church,

Greetings from The Big Apple, New York City!

Hi! How are you doing? I pray that this week’s Pastor Writes finds you blessed and well. My family and I have been here for almost a week now and time really does fly. Last weekend, I went to speak for Ps. Robb Thompson at Tinley Park, Chicago. It was a good experience for me as I learnt how to minister to people from another nation. I have gained much experience as a result of it and learnt how to communicate with them. I shared with them how to discover our destiny in God. I am glad that the message spoke to them. It was fulfilling to see lives touched and changed by God. I spoke again on Sunday evening and this time to a larger crowd. It was the main service of Family Harvest Church. This time round, I shared with them the need to be servants in the house of God, of how we should serve willingly and cheerfully. I feel in my heart that this is the missing link in many of our churches today. A lot of people just go to church to perform a duty. To be able to serve God is a privilege and we ought to realize this. God does not owe us anything. We should serve out of gratitude. Amen?

After that, I came back to NY on Monday. The whole week was spent with my wife and David, talking about God, church, ministry and life. I have been praying and thinking a lot. When I come back, I will share with you from my heart, the many new things that God has put within me. It is going to be one new exciting season for all of us. I want us to grow as a church but not just numerically. I want our lives to be enriched and empowered so that we can truly add values into the lives of those we minister to. I will share with you some exciting thoughts that most of us would never think of. It will bless your heart and our community.

Church, let us strive to be a blessing and be an asset in the place that God has called us. Let us use our gifts and our talents to transform our world for the better.

Serving with you,

KEV

No comments: