Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dear Church,

Hi! How are you guys doing? I am finally back! Phew! My wife and I miss all of you heaps! And it is just so good to be with my spiritual family once again! ;)

Beginning this week, we are entering into one of the most crucial and exciting seasons of our church life – Arise and Build Season. This is our 3rd one as we raise money and prepare ourselves to move into our new building that would eventually seat 3000 people! To me, this is truly the ‘real’ season, the time where the rubber meets the road, where our faith is called into action and where our sacrifice justifies our intention! And I like times like this because I know after all the talk is done, when the preaching is over and the lights are turned off, I would be tested as to how much I am willing to sacrifice for God. I will know if I am real and I mean what I say.

Church, I believe this is going to be one of those ‘destiny-defining-moments’ of your life. Sitting back is not going to help. Staying comfortable is not going to be good. Looking back is going to be disastrous. The only way is the way forward. The way of trusting in the LORD, our Provider! I want you to prepare yourself to give and even learn to sacrifice. I want you to learn to step out in faith and believe that God will not short-change you. Think about it for a moment – how many of us have gone poorer these last 3 years or 7 years because we gave? I believe the answer is none. Why am I so certain? Because we serve a loving and promise-keeping God! Because I know He cannot fail us! That is His nature and character!

The challenge ahead of us may seem big but I know it is achievable. I know it is a hurdle that we all can overcome together. After all, isn’t our God the God who loves to surprise us by turning all the impossibilities into reality?!
Church, let us commit this entire project into His Hands, knowing that He can. I am at peace because I know He is on our side. J

I believe in the God of impossibilities!

Running strong,



KEV

No comments: