Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dear Church,

Greetings in the blessed name of Jesus!

How are you doing? I pray that this mail finds you blessed and well. It has been a while since I last wrote in this column. Of late, I have had my wife to share what is in her heart and my some of staff have also decided to take turns to write, giving our weekly church bulletin a breath of fresh air. And I think it is great!

I love CHANGE! Change is important in our lives because it motivates, or rather, forces us to adapt to new environments so that we may move on to the next level. The challenge is that sometimes we are so comfortable where we are at that we are not willing to move. Friends, I want to encourage you to keep going, to keep moving. If we allow the mundane things in life to run our lives, we may lose the passion to live this life to the fullest. It will kill off whatever zeal that is on the inside of us. Don’t stay where you are at. Take a little step today and move on!

And since I am on this note, I want to encourage all of us to prepare ourselves for the BIG MOVE! WOO HOO! I want to thank God for allowing us to use this place for the last 6 years. From a small group of only about 150 people, we are now a family of almost 1800 people! Hallelujah! We have grown! As such, I want to ask all of us to keep praying as we prepare ourselves to move. Prepare yourself physically to serve as there will be tons of new things to do. Prepare yourself spiritually as we need a bigger spiritual capacity to saturate the place with the presence of God. Prepare yourself mentally as we will need to make a lot of decisions as we expand each of our ministries.

I believe God is going to bring about a new wave of growth to our church. But for now, strengthen all the relationships that we have with one another so that when new family and friends come to our church, we have the capacity to minister to them!

I am excited,

KEV

No comments: