Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hi Church,

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

How are you doing? I pray that this mail finds you blessed and well. First and foremost, I would like to warmly welcome Ps. Troy Marshall and Ps. John Carrette into our midst. Ps. Troy is no stranger to us and I believe he has prepared a word in season for us. So, let’s come expectant to draw from the man of God. Amen?

And finally, I am back! WOO! HOO! I am so excited that I am back in KL and back in CHCKL! After being away for 7 weeks, it is so good to be worshipping God with my spiritual family once again. Truly, there is no place like home. The sense of joy that is in my wife and I now are beyond words... it is different when you can worship intimately and without reservation. Worship with people whom you know is a part of your family. It is not like I didn’t feel the presence of God when I was away but worshipping at home is simply different. This is the place where we do everything together like praying, serving, worshipping, working, laughing, crying and sacrificing. Of course none of us are perfect but I guess that’s what makes church and life so interesting.

Sometimes I think people are obsessed with perfection. They want their lives to be perfect. Their wedding, their work, their health, their church, their cell group and everything else... is it truly because we want everything to be perfect or we are simply not willing to bear pain? Without pain and disappointment in life, how can we ever learn or move on to the next level? Too often I hear people say that they want to rise up or move on to the next level in life, yet the moment the slightest difficulty occurs, they complain, murmur and eventually backslide. If that is the level of our faith and spiritual maturity, what can we expect from believers 30 years or 100 years from now?

I don’t want us to be a wimpy believer neither do I expect you to be perfect. I just want us to learn to journey together... hang in there, guys... we need each other to grow further and deeper! Amen.

Love you,

KEV

No comments: