Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Greetings from sunny Singapore!

For the past 2 weeks I have been travelling. Last week I was in Taipei, visiting Ps. Abraham Ku’s church (New Life Church) and also spent some very quality time with Ps. Kong. It was a very fruitful trip as my eyes and heart was opened to a whole new world of creativity within the body of Christ. After that, I spent a week in Singapore, speaking for Ps. Seow How, teaching his church how to creatively reach out to the people in their community. It was another very fruitful trip. I have also brought along our band to minister. I believe they will do a good job this weekend.

Of late, I have been encouraging all our leaders and members to be more involved in short-term mission work. This is very important because it opens our eyes to the actual needs of those around us and infuses in us a passion to continually run this race. The world is lost without Jesus. We cannot lie idle hoping someone will do the job. As a church, as a body of Christ, we need to rise up and answer the call of God. I want to challenge all of us that in the midst of your busyness and the many things that you want to do, please also take some time out to minister to these people. I believe it will energize your life and change your entire outlook about who we are and what we have. At the moment, we have already run 3 trips. And at this point of time, we have a team ministering in Medan. There will be more in the coming months. Next year, I am hoping to send at least 25 teams to different countries in Asia. I want to challenge you to be a part of it. I want to inspire you to live for a bigger vision.

So, church, let’s gear ourselves up for mission and expand the kingdom of God. Let’s do whatever we can to be a blessing to those around us. With this in mind, I am sure we will make our world a better place!

In Him,

KEV

No comments: