Saturday, November 29, 2008

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

Welcome back to Malaysia and church after an amazing week in Singapore for the inaugural Asia Conference. I believe you have learnt and caught a lot, from the opening night to the array of amazing speakers! Apart from having our spirits enlarged, I am sure you have learnt what it means to persevere. Persevere through longer services and even going to the hall early to get a seat. Some of us are not used to queuing hence we are easily tired. I want you to know that these are lessons – lessons to help you build spiritual muscles. If we cannot excel in such a small thing, what else can we do? I have said plenty of times I am not here to build a happy-go-lucky church. I am here to build a strong and large local church, one that will influence our world positively for Jesus. Church, I want you to rise up. I want you to answer the call by not living a mediocre life by accomplishing average, mediocre results. I want you to do more for God and more for yourself. If we don’t, we will never be good enough to engage the world, let alone build civilizations! City Harvesters, may I encourage you to rise up yet again!

And now that we have been revived and our spirits enlarged, where do we go from here? I want you to put all your talents and knowledge to good use. Think of creative ways how you can touch your community and marketplace. Find every opportunity you can to influence your world for Jesus. Don’t sit there and wait. Nothing will happen. Pray and act for faith without action is dead. Do something about it. We will never be able to change the world over night and we are not expected to! We change our world by touching one life at a time. So we bring a friend to cell group. Bring a colleague to church. Pray for someone in need. Help a classmate with their assignments. Visit someone in the hospital. All these can be done every day and the best part about it… you do not have to be a minister to do it. You can do it right where you are!

Let our words and actions be a witness for Jesus!

It is time to take Asia for Jesus!


KEV

No comments: