Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hi Church,

Greetings in the blessed name of Jesus!

First and foremost, I want to wish all our mothers a happy and blessed Mother’s Day! Truly, you deserve our love and appreciation for all the hard work and sacrifices that you have put into our lives. For that, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. And to express our gratitude, we have prepared a host of programs and gifts for all our mothers this weekend – we have a drama, a song presentation and a gift as well.

However, I do know that not all our mothers are here in Kuala Lumpur therefore, I would like to encourage you to send your mom a gift, give her a call or even write her a letter. I am sure they would be equally happy. As your pastor, I want to teach you the value of filial piety, of how we ought to honor and care for our mother and our father, not just out of duty but out of a sincere heart. This is somewhat basic to us as believers. We cannot neglect our parents or in worst cases, disrespect them. I know we may not be able to agree with everything that our parents say or do, but that does not give us the right to go against them. Do not speak to them loudly. Do not raise your voice towards them. We need to have patience when we talk to them. Give them space to express themselves. They are not young anymore, so find more ways to show that you care. Pray for them. Take them away for holidays. Buy them good and healthy food.

Church, we may be young in age but I do not want us to be immature. I want us to learn to be an honoring generation. I want us to learn to be more responsible and more proactive when it comes to looking after our loved ones. For some of us, our parents are only going to be here with us for just a while more. So while they are still here, why don’t you and I do all we can to tell them that we love them and appreciate them?
This Mother’s Day, let’s do something different.

I know you can.

KEV

No comments: