Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dear Church,

Greetings in the wonderful name of Jesus!

Christmas is just around the corner! Have you done all your Christmas shopping? Have you sent all your Christmas e-cards? Do you have any plans with your family members or your cell group members? I love Christmas. It is such a joyous time, where family and friends alike can come together to celebrate and share. Christmas is all about giving and sharing, how God came and shared His life with us. And truly, Jesus is the reason for the season.

And I also love the feeling and the atmosphere surrounding the church during this time. It is so abuzz with life; with rehearsals going on, the cast practicing their lines, the crew setting up the place and the props team decorating and designing the backdrop. I like seeing a busy church – a church where family members come back to help each other till late at night. It just goes on to display a church with love and life. I want to take this opportunity to encourage all of us to serve. It is through serving that we develop a greater sense of belonging and deeper sense of love for God and one another. Even if you do not know what you can do, just turn up and I am sure someone will have something for you to do. Many years ago, when I was still a teenager, I just showed up at my church and told the pastor that I wanted to help. Ever since that day, I have been serving and helping in the church.

It does not take a lot to start. It only takes a simple initiative. So, why don’t you ask your cell group leader if there is anything you can do in the house of God? Or perhaps begin to invite your family and friends to church this coming Christmas. I am sure they will be blessed with all the performances and programs that we have prepared.

Church, let’s celebrate this Christmas with joy and love. Let’s share the love of God with all those around us.

Merry Christmas… and don’t forget to buy presents for your loved ones,

KEV

No comments: