Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Greetings in the blessed name of Jesus!

First and foremost, I would like to thank all of you for your understanding for allowing me to finish my Masters in Theology. After 3 long years, I have finally accomplished my mission. ;) Also, thank you for praying for me and allowing me to take some time off to graduate in the United Kingdom. My family and I truly appreciate your kindness and love. It was a really good break for us. And… this coming July, I will be starting my Doctorate in Ministry (DMin). It is going to take another 3 years to accomplish so do pray that I won’t throw in the towel half way through. ;)

This week, I am going to continue on ‘The Christian Mind’ series. This is such an important series for us as a church as it aims to eliminate all the wrong mindsets that we have accumulated over the years. Some of the things that we practice or think are so steep in religiosity that sometimes we do not even know it is unbiblical. I want City Harvest to be liberated from the binding, irrelevant traditions of men. I want us to be relevant. However, I am also mindful that we cannot sacrifice any level of truth for the sake of relevance. Hence, this series on ‘The Christian Mind’! I want to challenge all of us to live an unadulterated Christian life – a community of people who are genuinely caring and loving regardless of color, faith and ethnicity. I want us to go out there to show the love of Christ through our words and our actions. I want people to appreciate having a Christian community around them. We used to exert such influence. But over the years, things have changed and we have lost its glow.

Today, I want to claim that back. I want all of us to be in the forefront of changing our world for the better; providing better healthcare, establishing proper education and eradicating poverty mindset. I pray we can see an obvious change in our generation and do something that will make God proud!

Phew! I am excited!

KEV

No comments: