Saturday, January 10, 2009


Dear Church,


Greetings from freezing cold Seoul, Korea!



How are you doing? I pray that this edition of Word Weekly finds you blessed and well. A few of us have been here since Monday and the trip so far has been life-changing. Though the weather has been extremely cold, our hearts are warmed by the presence of God and the fervency of the Korean Christians.



Every day we have to wake up at 330am to get ready to attend the 430am prayer meeting. The first day was rather tough to get up. However, it got easier and better the next day. I find myself being able to wake up earlier and actually look forward to the prayer meeting. Honestly, the first day was so tiring. I just couldn’t plug into it fully. On the second day, I just prayed and prayed and praise God that I finally plowed through. After that, it was a breeze. I just so enjoy the fact that so many of us can wake up as such an early hour to seek the LORD. And every one was just so serious and so fervent. By the way, there are 24,000 people gathered to pray every day at different locations. They usually do this for 21 days in January so that all of them can align themselves right with God.



Church, I want you to know that I am very impacted by them this time round. Seoul is a city larger and busier than ours yet the believers here make time to pray. They could have given a million reasons why they could not make it. But they didn’t. They adjust their lifestyle, reschedule their meetings and humble themselves before God and pray. Friends, I want to encourage you to do the same. This year, we will have once a month weekly morning-prayer meeting. And when we do that, I want the whole church to participate. I want you readjust your schedule, go to bed early and wake up early to seek the LORD. Don’t find excuses. Don’t try to reason. Just make God your priority. Make prayer the #1 exercise in your life.


Revival begins and continues if we will pray. ‘IF’ is a big word… if you will pray…



Pray, City Harvest!



KEV



No comments: